The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me explain what is going on.....

Had a very healthy SQ clam (8 inches). He was doing great for about 3-4 months. After that he developed a small case of PM. I did a FWD for about 20 minutes or so. After this I placed him back into the tank in the same spot. Keep in mind at this point I hadn't changed any parameters. He never fully recovered apparently and now after 3 weeks barely opens. I noticed that he developed P Snails about 2 weeks ago so daily I have been removing them and they seem to be mostly gone. I also purchased a wrasse to hopefully eat a couple.

So anyway I have kept him in the same spot. Haven't changed flow or lighting. Water parameters have been the same since I introduced him to the tank. The ODD thing about this issue is he opens up WAY more during the evening then at night. I want to say that during the evening my flow is less and my lighting of course is much less. I use ecotech radeon lighting at 75% natural mode 9 hours a day and 1 MP40 ecotech on lagoon setting at about 60%. My tank is 55 gallons and the 1 MP40 is perfect. I have no idea what else to try at this point. Here are some pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.