The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon reef with a ten gallon sump and refugium no baffles and a rio 2500 return pump my stand slants inward so i cant get a bigger sump my seaclone is doing great i here its a hit or miss skimmer so i guess mine is a hit running it in sump but i wanted to replace it with my red sea skimmer only problem is the return pipesticks a little bit out ok f the tank so iwas thinking 1 cut the pvc extending out from the skimmer or cut the base holder thing that keeps it up and i have been told the rio pump is the pump that the skimmer uses but where can i buy the front peice that holds the air line tubing? here some pics of the seaclone 1 day of skimming

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

my berlin skimmer is the classic i want to know where the venturi goes because online it looks like it goes after the pump? but there is a srew in the way or a bolt or something heres the picks

·
Aquatic Philosopher
15,434 Posts
it goes after the pump but I am unsure about the "screw thing". I would try to convert it to a pre-pump venturi (aspirated as some call it) if possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts