The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, bad news everyone. I just got back from my weekend trip out of town and sadly...almost everything died. All the SPS have died and only the hardy softies are still striving for their lives. I'm very sad=( I left to Detroit and the AC to my apartment died. The temperature in the apartment probably rose over 100 degrees. It cooked everything in my tank. My most prized corals are now gone. My crocea and maxima clams are on its last breath of life. My powder blue is ok. Shrimps are dead. Zoos are still striving but I lost 4 beautiful colonies. Beautiful LPS all dead. All SPS (lots of frags and colonies) bleached=(. As I took out one of the bleached SPS colony...the acro crab was still there. It was so sad=( Yumas and ricordeas melted away. Mandarin is still fat and I'm hoping the heat didn't kill all the pods. I'll try to feed the guy tomorrow morning. As I took out all the dead corals, mann...it struck me badly. It's like losing a dog you fell in love with for years. I had so many beautiful peices and so much time involved. I guess now I have to really consider buying a chiller.

I'm going to do a few water changes this week and hopefully get things back to normal in a few weeks or so. Hopefully I can still save some zoo colonies. Man this is a bummer....never felt this sad before. Huge loss for me...=(

Where do i find the strength and motivation to rebuild my "once" beautiful reef again? Mann...

·
Registered
274 Posts
sorry for the loss that must really stink putting all that time and hardwrok into something and then it just gets desrtoyed like that

·
Registered
874 Posts
I know it's not on a level as your loss, but I too had a loss and it is truly hard to deal with. I actually balled in front of my tank for an hour :( so I can feel your pain. Just try to keep your head up and move on. Let me know when you get your tank up and water parms good, I dont have much due to my coral tank being so small, but I'll help you out with some frags :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Doh, sorry to hear about your loss, let me know if you still want to trade some frags and stuff once your tank returns to normal. I recently lost my other colony of blue zoas and I wish I had fragged some out for insurance for an event such as this.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry man. Your tank was sweet. I got some zoo frags from you a few months back. Unfortunately the AC in my apt went out as well some weeks ago. The blue zoos bleached and the fire & ice turned orange and white. If they ever regain their color, I'll frag 'em and give you some of your guys back.

Hopefully, someone else has some of your frags you could recover.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It is a slow process to get your confidence back but your tank will respond and you can rebuild. I share in your loss and can give you some Zoos if that will help.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
****! man that sucks, if i can offer any help, id be more than happy to temporarily house anything you want to hold. and more than happy to send you some of the fire and ice or crazy color zombie eyes back your way when you get running.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts