The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Finally finding some time to get back to a friendly forum. I dont have many pics of my reef right now, I do have a couple recent coral pics, but the tank needs to be cleaned. maybe at the end of the week I can get some pics.

its a 29 gallon BioCube. with 4x 24w T5s, regular reflectors. :(

I am fighting issues, maybe there is somebody out there that can help. Some of this in the pic with my Ric-Rock

For now, here are some recent shots of a few inhabitants: Excuse some of the photography, photobucket distorts my pics:

From Yesterday 3-2-08.
My Ricordeas, I coined it the Ric-Rock

Here are some mushrooms that I finally found a name for. I had this one little tiny clear "purpleish" mushroom on my LR when I first started the tank, didnt think it would live very long, well, it did, slowly but surely, it got bigger, and bigger, then it gained some color, then some texture, it began eating as I fed, and now, 2 years later, I give you: The Atlantic "Crumb" Mushroom:

And from 2/23/09:
My Duncan - not a frag anymore - COLONY:

Finally, a frogspawn that I got for free, way back when its first little head was no larger than the size of a quarter, look at it now, I re-mounted its base, because the branch it was originally on broke, so its been cemented on its new base.
One of my favorite recent shots:

Overall stocking list used to be larger, the algae has taken and killed 2 full colonies of bright red micro zoas. still very depressed about this.

Currently have what is pictured above, a green monti, some random zoas, sm GSP frag, bubble shrooms, green center buttons, An ever fast growing colony of Blue snowflake anthelia polyps on the verge of taking over! thats pretty much it for right now, until I can rid my system of this nuisance.....
Other inhabitants include the normal CUC, nassarius, ceriths, and turbos, with some blue legs here and there. Fish include My wonderful Aurora Goby and his only other tank mate a Sunrise Dottyback.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks everybody!

Wolf, I was surprised when I compared it to other pictures, you really cant see any of the rock at all.

I need to take some pics of this algae mess so maybe there is SOMEBODY that has had this issue, and can assist in the eradication.

·
Mommy Mod
10,257 Posts
BEAUTIFUL! I love the ric rock!

I see my fav clean up crew member - the tuxedo urchin, he's sportin some lovely zoas ;)

Can you show me a shot of the t5's on this tank?! My son has one and I would love to be able to put t5's on it at some point... is it a fixture with the top still open or were you able to retro fit them into the original top?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BEAUTIFUL! I love the ric rock!

I see my fav clean up crew member - the tuxedo urchin, he's sportin some lovely zoas ;)

Can you show me a shot of the t5's on this tank?! My son has one and I would love to be able to put t5's on it at some point... is it a fixture with the top still open or were you able to retro fit them into the original top?
The urchin is way cool. he just picked up those zoas too. After months of not taking any corals...

The T5s on here is just a Nova Extreme 24" fixture, it hangs over a bit, but doesnt look so bad, The corals enjoy it, Though it does NOT have parabolic individual reflectors, so if you get one, get the Pro, or Tek light, actually I was looking today there are quite a few now.....small wise for 24" fixtures....some 4 bulbs some 6. You asked, I produce:

29 cube, next to it, my 3g pico:

·
Mommy Mod
10,257 Posts
The urchin is way cool. he just picked up those zoas too. After months of not taking any corals...

The T5s on here is just a Nova Extreme 24" fixture, it hangs over a bit, but doesnt look so bad, The corals enjoy it, Though it does NOT have parabolic individual reflectors, so if you get one, get the Pro, or Tek light, actually I was looking today there are quite a few now.....small wise for 24" fixtures....some 4 bulbs some 6. You asked, I produce:

29 cube, next to it, my 3g pico:

just lovely thank you so much :)!:blob::blob:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OH, I forgot about all of that, I am sorry, How is he doing lately?

I am going to attempt the raising of the mag again, It seems that when I stopped it was because we moved, so I slacked back on w/c's and the mag testing and dosing....so this may work for me against this bryopsis.

·
Premium Member
11,973 Posts
Hospice has been called in now and the Oncologist team told him he has about 2 months left. I wish I had better news, but thanks for asking just the same.

I have heard of many people having success with raising their calcium against Bryopsis, but it seemed to be one product in particular that worked the best. I think it was Kent Tech-M and it was actually a side effect of dosing with it. I know there is at least 1 thread on here about it if not more, so you may want to do a search on that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.