The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really enjoying the purple tang in my tank along with the desjardini sailfin and yellow tang. But he seems to stand out the most swimming all over and showing off his tricks in the current my vortech power head creates. Just thought I'd show a picture of him, feel free to let me know what you think !

Attachments

· Registered
1,606 Posts
One of my favorite fish for a reef tank...the purple tang seems to get more aggressive towards other tangs as it ages and gets bigger...your tank seems to have plenty of caves and openings, which is good...and welcome to this forum

· I've got the REEF rash!
64,175 Posts
A lot of people think that way(oh When they grow I'll get rid of him or put in a bigger tank). But it's like having a kid and never goes outside the house as they grow up ,they need the room all the time to grow healthy!

· Premium Member
12,360 Posts
Nice! Our PT is 5+yrs old....her name is Dolly after Hurricane Dolly.

Yes they don't like changes that involve adding new fish, especially of similar shape & color. She will have to share space this fall. Our Yellow Tang is in the sump [150g]. Both will need to get along in 400g.

Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you ! Not glued but I did move every rock around until they were all locked into place so it is very sturdy...fish are doing great especially the purple who's supposedly the most territorial really gets along with all the fish, just added a magnificent Foxface to the group and he actually got my tangs to start eating the Nori I leave for them on the food clip :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.