The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to keep a log of my tank for my own sake and I figured some of ya'll may like to see it. Basically I'm away at college junior year and have to be portable and I miss my tank at home sooo this is the solution :)

Not much to see yet, but someday it will be :) Start off with the 2.5 gallon all glass aquarium :) 8-21-03

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice design and construction on the hood. Did you keep the hinges as you showed in your 3D render?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys :) It is still a little rough around the edges, but its comming along. I am a student at Clemson :p :p :p haha. And yes the hinges are there, I will be sure to take some pictures of the back once I get the wood finished and the lights & cooling fan in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JoyR - Welcome, and thanks :) My girlfriend said the exact same thing, 'it looks really cute'

mnreefman - Haha, it looks kind of goofy for now, but the filler/sanding/stain is done today. Tommorow I will start the polyurethane junk.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stain and clear coat is done. I will keep putting coats of clear untill the lights arrive, I have nothing else to do untill then... The filter arrived friday, I am not sure if I am going to use the pad/carbon, or turn it into a little fuge... Any suggestions?

8-30-03

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah I like the idea of a Journal. I got the idea for this at Scott M. website. It looked so cool and seemed like such a smart idea I just had to do it. Got one on my 55 and my 125. Havent added as many pictures as I would have liked but I am still working at it. The best thing about that other than a written record of your tank and the results, you get to see where you started, where your at now and how far you have came.
Nice looking tank by the way! Where is the water and critters? Yeah I know rome wasnt built in a day, but its sure fun trying, right?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
You all need to find somebody who can host a blog for you. That is really the best way to have an on-line Journal. For an example see my Minibow Blog link in my signature.

I do need to update it but it has basically been kept current and was started up at the same time I started my Nano.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts