The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go pick him up from the Philedelphia Airport Saturday, July 1st at 3pm...I'm so excited. My wife wanted me to get involved and try my hand at showing dogs, so I got to pick the breed within certain limitations.

Some pics from the breeder...Meet Argus (A.J. for short)

He's been evaluated by other Pembroke Welsh Corgi breeders and judges, they're all nuts over him and tried to steal him out from underneath us. :) So hopefully in a few months we'll see how well he stacks up against other Corgis.

Kevin

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
;) That was my other alterior motive for getting him...helping herd the miniature horses into the barn in the winter time. My wife wouldn't let me get a Border Collie because they're bigger than what we were looking for and they can tend to be neurotic and destructive when they don't have anything to do.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,190 Posts
Man I love Corgies and won't be able to have another Australian Shepherd for a while. They are so nice, but guess they turn into little lardbutts if you overfeed or don't exercise them enough. Sounds like he has a great home and will be a good little herd dog.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
omg i just threw up in my mouth just a little bit, because that dog is so cute. makes my new dachsund look like a human!

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Disgustingly cute huh? LOL...my camera is going to be getting a workout over the next few months.

Hey Perry, I considered getting an Australian Cattle Dog for a while, but decided they might be a little TOO active for my taste. Was going to call him "Dog" just like Mad Maxx, Road Warrior...but I refuse to eat dog food out of a can like Mel Gibson.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Argus is a dandy pup, Kevin! Those are such great little dogs and I just know he's going to fit right in your family.

Congratulations!

Dick:)

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theplatypus said:
He's very cute. What did they do to his legs?
I'm not sure...maybe that's why we got him at a reduced price. I hope he's not "damaged goods" or a "floor model'. ;) Maybe I can hang him by his legs to see if they'll stretch out....j/k

·
Super Moderator
26,815 Posts
Awwww...what a cute little guy, Kevin. I agree on the great name :agree:

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Golden Shellback
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got home and the first thing my wife said is, "You're going to be mad." Argus' breeder, Sara, called. It looks like Continental Airlines has been giving her grief, so Argus isn't arriving on July 1st, no he's coming here July 4th. I was more dissapointed that I won't have those extra three days for house training and bonding, but I'm not mad. Stuff happens.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
kwjones said:
so Argus isn't arriving on July 1st, no he's coming here July 4th.
Hey, he'll be there just in time for the fireworks!!!

You KNOW how much dogs like all that noise! :(

Dick:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts