The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up today in the valley at an aquarium outlet. I mistakenly thought it was a monti cap, but I wanted it anyways, been eyeballing it in a nano tank for the last 3 weeks. It also has yellow around the edges. If anybody has any tips about caring for it, that would be cool. Right now I have it in the sand at the front of the tank with heavy water flow.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has polyps? When will they come out? I was wondering what the little yellows dots were all over it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great pic with your Goby in there!

Yup it has polyps- give it time, and with the right conditions, they will come out :) Keep in mind, they are small polyps, so look close ;)

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Very nice piece, Bob!

Question though... Does anyone know the difference between the Turbinaria Peltata (Pagoda Cup), and the Turbinaria Reniformis (Scroll Coral)? This looks very similar to mine and I was led to believe that mine was a Scroll.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had what I thought was a pagoda cup and it did not take the shape that the one in the above picture has. Mine looked more like a saucer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe one species stands upward and the other doesn't? Dunno. Anyways, the Goby just had to be in the picture, it was a very lucky shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts