The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Welcome to TRT! May I suggest arranging the rock so it isn't touching the glass. Easy to clean and I just don't trust the cubes or aquapods when it comes to having rock on the glass. Heard to many stories of the tanks busting. I have both the aquapod 24 and 12 gallon jbj and I try to keep the rock away from the glass.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome!
Congrats on the new tank.
I have a 12 gallon and love it. It has taken 10 months for it to become the way I like it.
Patience is a very big key to nano tanks.
I agree with the rock not touching the glass. It is a lot easier to clean that way too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ixp7633, great little tank, i also have a 12gal dx. I also suggest moving the rock away from your glass not only will it scracth but you will find it easier to keep clean without it there.

Some suggestions on the tank. run no bio-balls with that amount of rock, replace the pump with something like a maxi-jet606 more gph, only run 1 filter media and some carbon and take it slow.

I currently have 2 bta, 2 clown, 4 type of zoos 4 types of mushrooms and a frog spawn.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
When are you testing the ph? It will be lower in the am and gradually increase the longer your lights are on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts