The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some zoa frags and just got the notice that they've been delivered to my house! Only problem is that I'm at work :doh: . Guess I will have to try to run home during lunch and get them into the tank :banana:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
It is always a great feeling to know that there is going to be a package at your door when you get home.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
oh how exciting :beer:

yes run home on yer lunch break lol
where did you order from? id like to get some smaller pieces, i always order from live aquaria and their corals are too big sometimes, hard to place em'

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Hoang, please let us know how they look - and where you ordered from!

HHC

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pastina said:
yes were dying :banana:
Geez....OK, I'm back from my coral run. I ordered from ultimatefrags.com as recommended by piberopticz and it was awesome! I ordered frags of some rare zoas and 1) got more polyps than I ordered 2) got 3 free frags of zoas 3) got next day shipping and paid for 2 day. Excellent service, frags look healthy, would recommend them highly :banana: . OK, enough of a commercial, I hope they survive the quick acclimation process. Some of them had started to open up already. I'll get some pics posted tonight of the shipping material and the frags.

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
are they attached to rock? id like something that has enough weight to stay put :)

you dont wanna know how i acclimate....i wont say it here cuz ill get yelled at :dance:

:funny:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
pastina said:
are they attached to rock? id like something that has enough weight to stay put :)

you dont wanna know how i acclimate....i wont say it here cuz ill get yelled at :dance:

:funny:
enough weight? how do you usually get frags? and how do you acclimate?? you brought it up so....

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
lol i never had a frag just huge pieces on rocks, but i have tried to frag my own zoa's but my turbo snail would knock down the small rocks, so i wondered if they have heavier frags lol

oh acclimating (ahh hem let me clear my throat and prepare for my beating)
i stopped acclimating ages ago, whether it be freshwater fish, saltwater fish, corals etc
i just plop em in and ive never had anything perish this way. infact ive had better luck without acclimating than actually acclimating. i find fish get less stressed out, that whole bit in the bag forever with lil bits of water going in freaks the heck outta them further stressing them.
i find when they go in the tank immediately they go about there buisness sooner which includes eating within an hour.
shrimp too i just net them and plop them in, no adverse effects.
call it luck or what you will, im odd i do things backwards but for some strange reason ive been successful at this...go figure
i dont want to stir anything or have a million reasons why this is wrong thrown at me cause the proof is in the pudding...and i wont change.
i wont give this advise to anyone, and you may see me post to acclimate but i dont follow my own advice :funny:

please know i hold you all in the highest respect :) :) :)

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
kappaknight said:
I do the same thing with corals but I do a 30 second acclimation with fish. I'm sure I'll have to be more patient for sea stars...
a few years ago i bought a chocolate chip starfish, i just did my usual and plopped him in (the tank was even cycling still) he did great, i had fim for over a year until i tore down the tank
then several months back i bought a banded serpent star, i was like ooo i gotta be careful with him. i acclimated him, which now you know is something i rarely do, i had him acclimating for an hour, drop by drop even talking to him while i did this.
the freakin thing fell appart in a week, im like wtf
so my next starfish im ploppin' in right away :funny:

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, sorry for the delay folks, here are the new pics. The pics don't really do them justice as far as the color goes. The polyps are not fully extended either. Hopefully, once they fully acclimated, they will look much better. The polyps are also much smaller than I had imagined.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i love the color of the first pic! now grow them! frag them! and send them! (to me) and Tim224DT:beer:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts