The Reef Tank banner

My new baby....

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Buzz_Hog 
#1 ·
Ok Guys,

I've been drooling over this fish for the past week. He was brought in by someone who was converting his FOWLR to a reef. My buddy said the guy really didn't want to have to give the fish up, but his loss is my gain...

Right now I have him in my 55, but I'm going to start cycling my 125 for him on Wednesday...

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, there's a pesky blue fin damsel in there now... I couldn't catch him so I figured I'd let nature take it's course...

He's about half his full grown size... I really can't imagine how large this fish is gonna be when he's full grown out...

My wife almost lost her mind when she found out I paid $100 for a fish... :-/

But as someone's signature says... It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to ask permission.... :)

#8 ·
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

I got him to eat.... and non-live food at that....

I tend to feed my fish good food, so whenever I get some fish for dinner, I always buy and extra pound or two for the fish...

I figured I'd give it another go with some salmon strips on a skewer...

I couldn't believe how fast this fish is.... He gobbled up two big strips... This definately was a big relief.... :)

#10 ·
Yeah... it sure does.... I feel like an overprotective parent here...

Then again, ya spend $100 on a fish, ya want to make sure the thing lives long enough to enjoy it...

I think my wife would like to see both me AND the fish out of the house for this stunt.... hahahaha

#11 ·
I agree about over protective parent!:D Anxiety level can be quite high when dealing with money spend on a critter and going through the acclimation process and then hoping it will take to food and then try to get a good night sleep and thinking what will I wake up too! Sound familiar! It does to me!!;)

#12 ·
Yep, that's right on the money MRR...

I have my 125 and 55 in the living room and have a big ole Papa-San chair that I put in front off the tanks to sit and stare at them... I think I'll pull an all night vigil.... (This is what I usually do when I get something new and exciting in the tank...) Not like I could realy do anything if something major should happen...

ShirleyM has been great in giving me the much needed "experience advice" I was looking for... I've done a bunch of research on them on my own, but I like to reach out to someone who has experience keeping something before I make the purchase... It's sort of like a last minute gut check...

When Shirley showed me pics of hers, and told me about it's personality and how much I would love this fish... I was sold...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.