The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mermaid in disguise
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I bought I pygmy cherub angel to add to my reef tank and it has been about 30 minutes since I added the little guy (he's only about an inch, or a little less) And my clown fish wont stop their horribly, vicious, series of attacks. :( Their anemone has split in the last few days, but they haven't seemed very protective to the other four inhabitants of the tank (3 pajama cardinals and an algae blenny) The angel has gone to the complete opposite side of the tank and the clowns search until they find him/her before attacking from either side.
I have tried to help keep the angel hidden by moving a few of my rocks to make him/her a little cave near where he/she has found a hide out in hopes that it will detour the clowns a bit.
I'm just surprised since both the female and the normally peaceful male are causing such a riot over such a small fish that isn't even near their anemones. I did have a coral beauty a while back that would chase the pair...some sort of grudge? :lol:
If anyone has any tips on what I can do to help the situation or any advice as to what I should do please let me know!

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
I has the same problem in my tank. The clowns probably see most the tank as theirs so if its not large enough they are going to be upset. Bad part is cherubs well angels in general when they hit maturity sometimes push for dominance. So this might be a preview of a war down the road.

How big is the tank? Might have enough room for it to calm down a bit but my experience they can both be very stubborn.

·
Mermaid in disguise
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I has the same problem in my tank. The clowns probably see most the tank as theirs so if its not large enough they are going to be upset. Bad part is cherubs well angels in general when they hit maturity sometimes push for dominance. So this might be a preview of a war down the road.

How big is the tank? Might have enough room for it to calm down a bit but my experience they can both be very stubborn.
The tank is a 72 gallon bow front.
And the clowns are both 5 years old while the angel is (I'm guessing) much younger.
The angel is also very smart and outwits the clowns by a long shot. haha :)

·
Export with Care!
6,789 Posts
The tank is a 72 gallon bow front.
And the clowns are both 5 years old while the angel is (I'm guessing) much younger.
The angel is also very smart and outwits the clowns by a long shot. haha :)
Yeah their sneaky. In a 72g I think they should mellow out. Moving some rock around should help. Keep an eye on them for a few days.

·
Mermaid in disguise
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah their sneaky. In a 72g I think they should mellow out. Moving some rock around should help. Keep an eye on them for a few days.
Alright thanks! :)
The lights on my tank went out for the night and the clowns retreated back to their nems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get over the angel being in the tank :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts