The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the natural color.... it is under Actinic, but all the other lights are on. Not just the actinic. It's actually even lighter and more florescent green in person.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Is it Fugia or Heliofungia? The tentacles look pretty long. Also, can you keep it on liverock like that? I thought they had a tendency to move around. Sorry about all the questions. I've been thinking of getting one too, and am trying to do some research. Nice specimen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
nice lookin. Until recently I had 2 but it turns out they didn't like my new closed loop and I couldn't find anyplace for them to get out of the current. One died and I traded the other to the lfs so it wouldn't die. IME they don't like much water flow at least mine didn't.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
That's a purty one, Jim :) It may indeed decide to take a tumble off the rock though.

Alice

·
Going Broke
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Phish, questions are always good. You are right, they need to be on the sand to move around. It is the Heliofungia variety. The tenticles hasn't fully expanded. I took a risk and bought the coral right after it was unpacked and have beent transhipped. It better not be moving around.. :D I'll glue it down like my other SPS. :funny:. Part of getting it is to see how I can reproduce the coral. I've read that they will eat small pieces of food, but I've seen others who has never fed their's and it grows.

Here's a link http://www.animal-world.com/encyclo/reef/lg_stony/plate.htm

Joel, thanks for that heads up. I wasn't sure where to put it in my tank since it's designed for SPS. The fungia is sharing a tank with my BTA so hopefully there's no war going on.

Alice, I'll take a screw and screw it down. :funny: :rolleyes: I wasn't sure if it likes the fine sand or not, but if it does fall it may like the sand. I may be able to put it in my refugium for the time being. The gravel is a bit corse there. BTW, sorry to hear about your family and also not being able to charter the club. I feel like my Pocket PC's battery just died. You sure had an influence amongst the club and getting the meetings together every month. Hope to see you around. I've been delinguent to the meeting since last time we had it at Woody's.

Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.