The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys so I had to tare down my 54g corner due to my townhouse association didn't like anyone to have tanks over 20g well I got fed up with them telling me wtf to do, so I told them to go F them selfs and got a new house my current landy lady said I have free rang to do what ever I wanted so I bought a marineland 93g cube I'm curently planning and buying the supplies I bought the tank from my LFS ReefSmart in scranton pa he's a great guy. Both Paul and Chris have done a lot for me great prices and deals.

Tank

Here's what I'm looking to do as far a stand and canopy

As for light there is a company that custom builds reef capable LEDs I this it's ApolloReef here's some pics

As for sump and refugium idk I read some reviews people say do do a refugium what your guys take let me know

As for skimmer I know I'm gunna use an AquaC ev120 with a Magdrive 7

Return pump is going to be a deep blue triton 4 or 5 let me know what you guys think on this

I'm going to have about 40-50# live sand

As for live rock I'm ordering from macrosrocks.com
Ordering the 20# prime cuts package mixed
And the 50#box key largo rock aquascape kit

I'm also going to be using a hydor koralia reef kit 1150 let me know what you guys think of this kit

And a digital aquatics reefkeeper elite

I'm open to any and all input this will be the biggest tank build I have ever done I have a fish list of what I have right now in my 29g and what I would like but I will post those later

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my dad came over this mourning and we built the skeleton part of the stand. I got the idea from gt04mustang thankyou for the inspiration on the stand and canopy so here some pics I snapped while building

This one is my fave pic cus my nephew is inspecting our craftsmanship and looks like he's headless

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So lotta good news and some updates a reef from another forum who was the previous owner of my tank happened to find me and well since I bought this tank from my local LFS (reefSmart) we have been talking well come to find out his tank he purchased to replace the one I bought cracked and he informed me he's getting out of the hobby and is selling all his equipment some never used and some with like a months use out of it I'm buying his never used 21x21x19 cube sump his apex gold system his sca302 skimmer one month of use a magdrive 7 3 Apollo reef uv5000 led lights a wp25 and some other stuff. I'm getting pics of everything tomorrow I do have pics of the sump which I will post also I painted the back of the tank but left the overfill clear and on the side view of the overflow I painted it that way I can see if anything has gotten stuck in there

Here is a pic of the sump like I said I will have better ones tomorrow

Some pics of the prep work before painting

Here are some pics after I painted

Stay tuned in for the next part of this build I don't know what Im Gunna do next but it will be pic oriented so see you guys soon

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stocking Ideas

My curent 29 curently houses my..
Sand sifting serpent star
2 ocellaris clowns
Blood red hawk fish
Orange spotted goby
6 super nassarius snails
2 red tip hermit crabs
Coral Banded shrimp

But need help with what I should put in there I'm thinking

Sailfin/Algae Blenny (Indonesia)
Spotted Mandarin
Royal Gramma Basslet
15 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs
15 Astraea Turbo Snails
30 Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crabs
1 Arrow Crab
2 Emerald Crab
3 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
10 Nassarius Snails

What you guys think any ideas maybe that I over looked we were thinking colorful as we have 2 young daughters and my young nephew comes over a lot also I want most of the inhabitants to have some kind of beneficial talent to the tank let me know

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok guys tank update I ordered a ecotech marine g2 and an apex controller from BRS it should be here Thursday I bought a 40b from my local LFS reefsmart along with an eshoppes psk-200 in sump skimmer and a deep blue triton 4 return pump.which all should be here Saturday. I picked up some acrylic sheeting and a rotozip to build the baffles for the sump here's the lay out of how I want to do it

And here are some pics of the material I bought

tell me what you guys think

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Apex and radion gen2 was just delivered by ups in packed it then played for a min and then I shoveled my parents driveway and then off to bar with wife for valentinesday for wings and a few drinks when I get back I will post some pics

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.