The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this last Thursday. 37 gallon and stand. Added all my water, LR, <><, LS, ect to my new tank. My <>< have more room to swim now :D

-Paul

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
good deal paul!

so when is the 125 coming in? :D

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Paul looks good but is that hair algae on that middle rock?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on getting a way larger one once I buy a house at the end of the year. Yeas that hair alge. I liked the look of it. I need some more rock though, but all the stuff around here is boring rock.

-Paul

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tank looks good, but believe me, the hair algae may look kinda cool at first, but it won't when it covers everything in the tank and makes the water into a smelly green soup. Best to take care of it early IMHO. Hair algae isn't something that one can keep just a little of and have it under control.
Mike

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm....whats a good way to get rid of it ? Or should I just get more LR ?

-Paul

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have some blue leg and red leg hermits in there and couple bumble bee snails and a couple turbo snails. All together I have about 15-20 hermits. Would that do fine ? If it starts to spread and see that my hremits cant keep up should I just pull it out ?

-Paul

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be getting some today hopefully. I know that when I went last time there was one that said "distled" Is that the one I should get ?

-Paul

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I'll be getting some today. I was using tap water and adding drops. Since I know what to get now, and made a note, I will be using that...Hopefuly see a big notice....

-Paul

G

·
hey another idea
and a great investment is a ro/di unit. that way you can still use your tap water but it get all the nasties out add salt and your ready

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought of that but $$ is tight right now and Safeway is right down the street. I plan on getting one in the future though. Hey thanks for all the info....

-Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts