10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Time Reef Tank
29 Gallon Tall Tank
40 lbs Aquacultured Live Rock
5 lbs Fiji Live Rock
40 lbs of Live Sand
Tunze 250 Reef Pack Filter + Skimmer
Vortech Mp10 Wireless + Also have a Koralias 425 (Premixing Salt+ Added Circulation during Cycling going to take out and add another Mp10)
A.I. Hydra Lighting W/ Controller
Finnex 100 Watt Heater

will be adding

-tunze osmolator 3155
-1 more Vortech mp10
-Controller(no specific brand decided yet open to suggestions!)

This is my first Reef Tank, im pouring alot of time and effort into this tank,
please comment and make suggestions. Im still cycling! using brightwell aquatics microbacter7 to enhance the cycling!

Thanks Reefers!

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Sounds like you are ready to go. Few more posts and you can share pictures. Make sure you take your time through the cycle. Read a bunch during that time. Ask questions.

Get the apex controller. Hold off on the 2nd mp 10. Make sure you need it. Your tank have a sump?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey OHBA!

I appreciate your reply, I have definitely been reading alot and watching a bunch of youtube videos. Something that was key for me that was not key for everyone was I wanted everything in the tank. My current setup does not have Sump yet. Id like to setup possibly a hang on the back sump refugium. Do you know of any really easy already made just hang on the back setup.?

Also another exciting part id like to get a little advice in is stocking the tank, anyone have any ideas!

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Not a big fan of refugiums, so can't help you there. If everything is in the tank you probably will want to add that second MP10 then. If you are just starting it may be awhile before livestock gets introduced, so you have time to figure out a stock list. Use this time to get very familiar with your equipment. Test your water and log it at least every other day.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see, Yeah as soon as i get some extra cash together im going to grab another mp10. Its been 9 Days Since i originally started this tank. Ill most likely start stocking the tank around june 6 or the 7th if the tank allows.! I also have uploaded a video to youtube showing my setup!

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Looks good! Don't rush to get fish in. Make sure you test, test and test. Stable parameters are key to fish health.

Otherwise you look to be on the right track.

Congrats and good luck!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice OHBA i appreciate it very much!! So i decided not to get a refugium right now, I was going to get a little hang on the back refugium, but id rather get the mp10, the osmolator and the controller first and later go back to possible adding a small hang on the back refugium.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.