The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I decided to purchase my first saltwater tank and I would like to share some pic's. The system has been up and running for 5 weeks now. 95% of what I have learned has been on this board. You guys are VERY helpful. I have spent most of my "work" days for the past 5 weeks reading and learning. Anyway, here is what I have.

Equipment
46gal bow front
40#'s caribsea ocean direct live sand
about 20#'s of live rock (adding more as I can afford it)
Marineland Penguin Biowheel 200
Octopus 100 HOB skimmer (will be in 7/10/09)
36" 4-bulb T5 HO fixture with LED moonlights
2 Koralia #2's
Kent Marine RO/DI filter
Fluval E300 heater

Fish
Percula
Mimic Tang
Damsel (because i cant catch it)

Other
Banded shrimp
Serpent star fish
3 margaretta snails
2 Trochus snails
2 Hermit crabs (not sure what kind)

Coral
Button Polyp
Frogspawn
2 single head mushrooms (hopefully they will multiply)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow That looks great!!!! What kind of lights are you using? It looks real nice!! Keep up the good work!!

·
Premium Member
11,736 Posts
Nice looking set up. Take your time with adding new rock to the system since you already have livestock in there. You may want to add one piece, and keep a bottle of Prime on hand in case you start seeing an ammonia spike. Let the new rock sit in the tank for 2 weeks with ammonia reading zero before adding another piece. If you had another tank you could keep the fish and inverts in you could add more rock faster, but in this case it is much better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
5 weeks .......slow down ...you don't want to crash your tank with all your stock. keep reefing but give it 6 months more before adding additional stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts