The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have come across this forum a little while back and you all are great.
So I have decided to post here with the status of my new tank upgrade.
I picked up a 180 gallon from a seller here at the reeftank. Past owners picture. Currently empty of course.

I did not like the color of the the stain as it was to light (hard to tell in the photo) so I have been going thru sanding, restaining to a cherry, and sealing. What a pain in the butt!!! Has taken me almost 3 weeks to complete have now finished it. Will give new photo's soon.

I'm now in the process of installing the lights. I currently have 4 36" T-12 flourescents and 2-175w 10,000K Ushio Screw Socket metal halides.

Following that I will be building a plastic bottom to hold any spills as the stand has a open base. Than will be installing and pluming the below:

-Large wet/dry filter set-up w/ little giant 1000 gph
pump.
-little giant 465 gph pump for a extra feed and return lines
-SeaClone Protein Skimmer
-Turbo-Twist UV Sterilizer
-And 2 extra large power heads if needed

Will be looking for base rock, live rock and sand to purchase soon. Currently have about 100 LBS now from my current 75g.

This will be a work in progress for me, that is you can realie call it WORK!!!

I look forward to anybodys word's of wisdom and coments,

Thanks in advance,

Jetski6

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well here is a update to my new tank.
As stated earlier, i have finished the stand and hood. I have also built a basion to hold sump and all underneith as my stand is open on base.

Great news, I got over some friends over yesterday to help put tank and all into place
:blob:

If I have time will begin pluming today!!!!!

Let me know what you think.

Jetski6

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, had to put the project on hold for a little bit. But I'm not back on this now. I completed the pluming and have water tester it and all seems fine.
The problem is that I'm not really happy with the flow in the CLS. There just does not seem like there is anought flow. It is currently a little giant 2-mdq-sc which is about 465 gph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts