The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share pics of my Nanos before they go away. The 20 gallon will be merged into a 75 gallon. The office nano (11 gallon Via Aqua) will stay as is.

David

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the Office Nano

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...

It's been fun, but requires CONSTANT attention because of the bioload. The contents will be a nice "Starter Kit" for my new 75 gallon.

<D>

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a red open brain coral. Yet another reason for upping my tank size. That guy was only the size of a tennis ball when I got it. It's now as big as a softball! I do spoil him though. He gets fresh tiger shrimp once every month.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Beautiful tanks! Nice rockwork especially in the 20g. They really look like reefs!

Could you post some specs on your tanks? Lights, power heads, etc.?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again... Some specs on the 20..

20 gallon
CPR BakPak 2R
Jalli 2X55 W PC's (Modified, stands removed, PC's on eggcrate and acrylic rods to bring light closer to water) 1 full spec, 1 actinic blue.
Maxijet 1200 in left corner
unknown brand (forget and it is covered in coralline) 400 GPH oscillating PH in the right corner.
Visitherm 175 W heater
22 lbs Fiji and Tonga LR
5 inch DSB (Southdown and LS mix)
2 false percs
1 orchard dottyback
1 serpent star
1 black brittle star
snails, snails, more snails and both blue and red legged hermits
1 squamosa. I had a maxima too, but it was attacked (byssal threads) by a lysmata and succumed :(
Too many corals to list here...but if you have any questions about what a certain specimen is in the photos, ask away.

office nano specs..

11 gallon Via Aqua curved glass tank
2X18W PC (Again, converted as explained above)
mini cascade hang on filter (media removed. I run carbon only when needed). I use this to move more water and create chop on surface
75 W Visitherm Heater
1 201 GPH PH
10 LBS Fiji and Tonga LR
4 inch Southdown SB with LS boost from my 20.
I have 2 pepermint shrimp and 1 bangai cardinal in this tank
as well as a clean up crew of bl hermits and astrea snails.

Dancn...yes, that is a branching frogspawn in the 20. I bought it with two branches/heads. It now has 5.

Thanks again!

<D>

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gumhead said:
WOW! :nuts:
Goofball!

The kids had a great time yesterday. We should do that more often!

Happy Monday bud!

<D>

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
Dave next time we should shut off the dinning room light before taking pix.

Dale loves hanging out at your house! He was getting a little tiered and grumpy when it was time to go tho. Once I put him to bed I think he was in a deep sleep in about a minute! Thanks for the invite!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Merci!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.