The Reef Tank banner

My Midas Blenny

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  scubadan1989 
#1 ·
I love my Midas Blenny. He's a cool fish, the way he just lounges all the time. It cracks me up, he's my chill fish. So my question is about his color. When I got him he was dark brown with tiny blue spots. His spots have seem to disappeared. But the very end of his tail is turning white. He's a happy fish, him and royal gramma didn't see eye to eye at first, but he's a good fit in the tank. He eats, getting better at accepting new foods, everyone seems peachy. So should I be concerned about the white on his fin? Or do they change colors?

#5 ·
I had a Midas blenny which I loved the personality on those fish is amazing he changed colors depending what he was doing so I did research and found out they change shades of yellow depending what they are doing eating mating sleeping mad happy thats why u might see color changes. The reason why I ot rid of mine is bcs he was so territorial that when I got a gold stripe maroon clown and a anemone the Midas would go near the anemone and bite the clownfish and drag him out of the anemone and beat his as did this for a few weeks until I had to take the blenny out with a coin toss between me and my girlfriend bcs we loved both so much sad to say the Midas lost. I'm glad to hear urs is nice cool fish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.