The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I did a 10g and a 5g for nano jam but I never did put up a build thread for the 10 :doh: The tank is a standard 10 leader. I built an angled corner overflow from .220 acrylic. Mechanical media sits atop a deck of plastic screen door kick plate. Flow is provided by a 300gph pico evo mag plumbed to 1/4" loc-line which is y'ed. The nozzles are custom cut "bird mod" eductors. There is also a 180gph pico evo behind/under the rockwork to minimize settling.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For lighting the 10 has a DIY LED fixture which is recessed into a custom hood I built. The hood is painted pine with 10" sides. There are doors on both sides of the top and the rear was left open to maximize airflow.

The LED is a 6x9 heatsink from Rapid with 6 cool white and 2 neutral white on a 50w dimmable driver at 27-30%. The actinic lighting comes from 6 royal blue, 2 blue, and 1 green on a 30w driver. Total heat output is unmeasurable when actinic only and increases the temp measured 1" above water by 1F with all lights on. (I love LED's)

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The current residents include a few different hermit crabs a few snails a misbar Ocellaris a yellow tail damsel and an emerald crab. There are duncans, sprung stunner, purple/gold hammer, green bubble, candy cane, neon green trumpet, a few different zoa's, an unknown LPS, some green cabbage leather a kenya tree and some xenia and a few shrooms, rics, yumas

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks like a hammer or grape coral on the bottom there under the rocks. What kind of coral is the green one in the first set of pictures?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is a hammer under the rock. Its a purple with gold tip walling type. The green one is the as yet undetermined LPS. I got the frag in a swap with the original owner not knowing either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks folks! It has been waaay too much fun doing this one. I also did a 5g at the same time but it's at least twice the work of the 10. Maintenance isnt really too bad. Its a minute in the morning to top off and I do a 3gal water change and vacuum every week to 10 days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts