The Reef Tank banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmm, I will say welcome to the world of fishkeeping. The biggest piece of advise that I can give is to take it slow and do plenty of research BEFORE you do anything. You will find that patience will save you a lot of frustration and money. A few things that I will mention is that when putting a saltwater aquarium together is giving it time to cycle. You should let the tank be bare, with only the sand and rock in the tank until the cycle is complete.

The Next thing I would ask is what are you keeping your salinity at? Green Spotted Puffers are brackish, and start there life more in a freshwater environment, and as they get older can take a higher salinity content. Even as an adult, as far as I know they are only good to around 1.018 sg. If you are looking to have a reef tank, most people have their tanks @ 1.025. Another thought is that in a 30 gallon tank, that should be the only fish. Want more fish? Get a bigger tank. My advise would be to take the fish back to the store, until the tank cycles, and take some time to figure out what kind of tank/fish you would like. 30 gallons limits how much you can have, so be selective.

Things to ponder right off the bat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.