The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to first thank ALL OF YOU that help me with all the questions I had during the setting up of my tank. I could NOT have done it without all of your knowledge.;) Now a little info on my tank. The tank is now 3 days old. Im sure there will be changes along the way.

Tank:
*120 gal. AGA with twin overflows.

Lighting:
*2x 250w, 13,000k MH
*2x 110w, URI VHO Super ACT Lamps

Water movement:
*4x Hydor Rotating Water Deflectors
*CurrentSea Wavemaker with 4x Maxi-jet 1200 Powerheads

Refugium/Sump:
*50 gal AGA Tank
*ASM G-3 Skimmer
*Mag 18 Return Pump

Refugium/Sump Lighting:
*2x 65w Compact Flurescent Lamps

MY DIY Power Dis. Center:
*5 HD Timers
*13 15amp recepticals
*On/Off switch for every receptical.

Thanks again for EVERYBODIES help in setting up my tank...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats up Tim?? Hows the tank going? I'll be going back there to get another load for my 150 gal tank. I'll meet you back down there and you can help me again....:D J/K.. I'm bringing the wife to do the work this time.:funny:

Little Luey, Im planning on keeping whatever my tank will sustain. (Lighting wise, not sure what all I can keep yet.) but nothing to difficult till I get more knowledge.:D I hope very soon, Im bored at looking at a tank full of rock...:funny: I really dont what to keep any fish in there, maybe 2 or so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Dan, how does the CurrentSea wavemaker seem to be running? I'm about ready to order the 4b package and want someones opinion that already has one. Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, The currentSea has been running now for a few days and Its working great. At this point, I highly recommend the unit.:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice!! With a system that big it should be pretty stable...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The electronic ballast for both the VHO and the MHs are made by IceCap Incorporated. The MH fixture is called PFO Optimal Reflector. The MH bulbs were manufactured by Aqua Medic. They are the Aqualine 10,000 which is 250 watts, 13,000 Kelvin. The VHOs are by URI. They are the Super Actinic R Aquarium Lamps (110 watts each.)​

·
Registered
154 Posts
Scuba Dan said:
The electronic ballast for both the VHO and the MHs are made by IceCap Incorporated. The MH fixture is called PFO Optimal Reflector. The MH bulbs were manufactured by Aqua Medic. They are the Aqualine 10,000 which is 250 watts, 13,000 Kelvin. The VHOs are by URI. They are the Super Actinic R Aquarium Lamps (110 watts each.)​
Did a good job picking them out, color is great.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My tank has been set up for 2 weeks. I only have LR in the tank. I filled my tank with water from the LFS. I now have little brown spots on my sand. Brown algae it looks like. My MH's and VHO's run from 3pm till 10pm. Is this normal for a tank going through its cycle? I only add "Special Blend" and something for coralline algae. Any ideas....:confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello people.... This weekend will be a month since the tank was set up. Is it time for a water change? if so, how much?
Thanks.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts