The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the first time ive cut and fragged anything, was wondering if anyone has ideas of if i did ok?? i cut some xenia and basically rubber banded it to some rubble that i broke up.

before...

after!!

and this is what i have... 4 big chunks on little rocks. is that ok?

all comments welcome here, im pretty nervous about it. is it ok to have these in my tank? they wont excrete anything harmful will they??

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looks to me like you did a pretty darn good job. I would ask you to send a frag my way, but for some reason Xenia hates me.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BGJ223 said:
Looks to me like you did a pretty darn good job. I would ask you to send a frag my way, but for some reason Xenia hates me.
your better off, it either loves or hates you, and if it loves you. youll be doing what i just did pretty often. ive only had this a couple months, and i can probably cut it alot more. if i wanted to make a bunch of frags i could of easily cut each piece about 4 times. but i just want it out. maybe ill just keep farming it, trading it in at the lfs till i can get something nice.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
looks good andy! I don't think they excrete unless they start dieing. As long as they are living you should be fine. When I got mine they were very small so I have a little more time before I have to frag it. Its doubled in size but its growing up not out.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
Great job, Andy! How did your hands smell when you were done???:funny:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whatevva said:
Great job, Andy! How did your hands smell when you were done???:funny:
like ***, dipped in mud, rolled in dirt, and sprinkled with broken glass. they stunk. still kinda smell it.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update!

i guess i put the rubber bands on too tight, they cut through all the large pieces, maybe ill try super glue or something next time, but for now i had a ton of little pieces floating around. sure am glad i put them in that box and not back in the main tank. but i reattached them with the rubber bands loosely and tossed the tiny scraps.

·
The Muddy Mod
7,007 Posts
maybe ill try super glue or something next time,
You can forget the super glue. You'll get the hang of it. I find that they seem to attach faster if I put them in a high flow area.

·
Registered
454 Posts
looks great. I'm to scared to try it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts