The Reef Tank banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woweeeee! I cant believe it but my clownfish laid eggs! Check it out!

(nah, Im not going to raise them but its so cool anyways!)

Attachments

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
I would think moving the eggs in any way would harm them, if you expose them to air they will fungus - - I've tried myself and haven't had any luck raising them - - it's very cool though!

HHC

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I have Joyce Wilkerson's book on raising clownfishes (I had planned on raising clownfish at one point but am no longer able to devote the needed amount of time/space/energy to it) so I am just going to enjoy the fact that they are happy enough to lay eggs.

to answer jipps question, you would have to remove the whole rock to a separate hatching tank; you wouldnt be able to take the eggs off the rock without destroying them. Also, according to Joyce (author of the clownfish book) the eggs would be okay exposed to air just for the short time it would take to remove them from one tank and place in another as long as it was just a matter of seconds.

·
BRW member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im good tims. so is Evan and family. He's getting so big now, he is 14 mos and running around so good now. he says a few words. I just cant describe how wonderful it is to have such a lovely kid. I stay at home with him now and watch a couple other kids, so I get to spend all kinds of time with him! life is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts