The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenny is 48 years old, 15 years older than me.

About 2 yrs ago he called me and told me he was coming over.
I had heard through the grapevine that he had been seen with a woman.
Not a big deal, except that we had never known Kenny to have a girl-friend.

I asked him if he was with his girl-friend and he said "Yes", I asked him
what her name was, he said "Crystal". At that point, I called
everyone in the immediate family and informed them that Ken had a girl-friend.

Everyone was astonished. My Dad told me that Ken had at _one time_ had a girl-friend overseas, when he was about 17. Please understand, girl-friend(or boy-friend for that matter) didn't ever enter into anyone's mind with regard to Kenny, he was just Ken and happy that way.

Ken and Crystal have been very happy. I moved Ken into Crystals house and we (I at least) expected a marriage would come of it (eventually).

Ken and Crystal went to Hawaii last weekend. Tuesday was Ken's birthday. Wednesday they were swimming and Crystal (from what I understand, I do not have all the details yet) inhaled some water. She was revived by the lifegaurds. While talking to the lifegaurds, she collapsed and went comatose.

She is comatose now.

I hurt for my brother, and I hurt for Crystal.

If you are a praying sort, please think of these two people who met mid-way through thier lives and found happiness together.

If you aren't (I don't have that kind of relationship with what I call God)please hope.

I am sorry to bring a bummer on you all.

P.S. Kenny and Crystal are both very active in local theater and they would be mad if I didn't help to promote it: Go support your local theater!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I hope she pulls through and that they can both be together again. I know what it's like to find your "one" other and luckily I'm married to her. They're in our prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I send my thoughts and best wishes to your brother and Crystal. I am hoping for the best. Very sorry to hear such a sad story

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
oh that's terrible! o nthe other hand, crystal has someone that loves her and will be by her side when she wakes up, and she will wake up.

i'll keep them both in my prayers!

·
Administrator
47,637 Posts
Ouch, what a tragic thing to have happen. They are definatly in my thoughts and prayers

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that; I hope for the best for Crystal and Ken. My prayers go out for them.

And on the local theater note; go see an open-air production some summer evening, catch a local dinner theater some night, heck even go see a high school play. Drama geeks are cool :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I am sorry to hear about Crystal. She and Ken will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Andrew

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for posting bro, I was going to last night but couldn't think to compose.

Thank you to all of TRT for you're thoughts and prayers.

As my bro said - we, as a family were waiting for a wedding date, Ken was even kidded on his b-day by our other bro who asked him if this wasn't a secret honeymoon.
As of now, we can only hope and pray

Again thank you all, Lee

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother and Crystal, they say that God works in mysterious ways. I'm sure that she'll pull through. My thoughts and prayers are with the two of them and the rest of your family in this trying time.

·
Super Moderator
27,679 Posts
Oh Noooo...that's awful!

You did right in posting that here on TRT. Our collective arms are around you to give you the human support along with God's love.

May our love provide comfort now and joy when she heals.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Whoa.... that's terrible...

I used to work in an ERU/BTU with coma patients... They may be sleeping, but they are very much aware of what is going on around them... Remind your brother to speak to her, not about her in her presence...

I'll be keeping you all my my thoughts as well..

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. You and your family are in my prayers also.

Jeff

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Crystal has been read her last rights and taken off of life support.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts