The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem with boss, he's leaving (supposed to be) in two weeks, but he's being miserable to me, to the point i almost quit yesterday...to make matters worse, i gave up beer for a week, just so i feel like i'm not an alchoholic...(didispellitright?)
What would you do, suffer through two weeks to see if the next one is better? or leave now and get something else?
Drink until oblivious?
hmmm...i don't have to be at work till monday until 2...
got some time lemme know!
:confused:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Beer helps! But it's not the answer to the solution! Sounds like reef tanks!:funny:

I say wait it out and see what the new guy brings to the table! Maybe one in a million like the one I have!! Awesome boss and puts family first before anything.:)

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
It never hurts to put feelers out for a new job...just in case.

·
Administrator
47,686 Posts
Bosses are bosses, they aren't paid to be buddies. Some are better at people managment than others and bad ones are well, BAD.
Wait and see how it goes with the new one, try to keep an open mind.
The beer references set off alarms in my head :( I don't know your situation or habits, but as a long time proffesional drinker, let me suggest that you do some real serious thinking about why you drink. Trust me, stress like this can cause it to sneak up on you and its so subtle that often people don't see the prob till something really bad happens.
I aint lecturing, just wanted to share that with you and best wishes on the new boss:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks doug, i was just kiddn' bout the drinkin' part....i don't really drink that much, just trying to lose a little weight.
:)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Just wait it out give it a little time see what happens

·
Registered
398 Posts
Always, Always have feelers out for a new job. We all know if something better comes along, and it pays more, we would take it. Doesn't hurt to have the feelers out, just be discrete at your current employer about it. But definately in this economy do not quit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts