The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, Happy Halloween to everybody!

What I believe to be my sailfin Blenny, is absolutely reaping havoc in my reef tank.
First I figured out he killed my favorite serpent starfish.

And now (at first I thought my emerald crab was pushing frags out to look for a new hiding spot.) Turns out, my Blenny is trying to push them out! He swam on top of my coral and tried nudging it out as soon as I refragged it (fortunately I used epoxy this time.)

I haven't determined if this is related yet but both of my clownfish have a mild case of ich and the sailfin blenny appears to be completely unharmed or unaffected.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
7,856 Posts
Wow, my Blenny doesn't harm anything or anyone except algae. Are you sure its the Blenny?

Now, I believe its possible he could be pushing the frags out cuz mine has a hiding spot that he would most not like me gluing frags on.

· Registered
402 Posts
My LMB is super cool, such an interesting personality. Even watches me watching the tank. He's never been a jerk.

You got any turbo snails? Those guys can be bulldozers, and have wreaked havoc on my frags many times.

· Registered
241 Posts
First of all, Happy Halloween to everybody!

What I believe to be my sailfin Blenny, is absolutely reaping havoc in my reef tank.
First I figured out he killed my favorite serpent starfish.

And now (at first I thought my emerald crab was pushing frags out to look for a new hiding spot.) Turns out, my Blenny is trying to push them out! He swam on top of my coral and tried nudging it out as soon as I refragged it (fortunately I used epoxy this time.)

I haven't determined if this is related yet but both of my clownfish have a mild case of ich and the sailfin blenny appears to be completely unharmed or unaffected.

Any suggestions?
Just keep a close eye on him and if you are sure its him...maybe try and catch him with a fish trap and get a store credit back at a petstore...you may just have a fish with a unique personality or something. I wouldn't continue to let it tear up stuff though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.