The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone:

I am a newbie....I have had my tank up and running for almost 3 months now. Things have been going well till now. I have a 70 gal, 30" tall tank, 75 lbs of live rock and an approx. 10 gal sump, coralife super skimmer, and 2 powerheads. I have attached pics to share.

Livestock: 4 chromis, 1 niger trigger, 1 cleaner shrimp, 2 false perc clowns, 2 PJ cardinal's, 2 scooter blenny's and a cleaning crew. I put in a fairly small mushroom, 3 small polyps about 2 weeks ago and I just put in a rose bubble tip anenome this past weekend. All my levels are pretty good and had my lfs test my water today..Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0, PH is 8.4, alk is 3 and Ca is 480, Nitrates are .3 and my salinity is between .24-.26

The anenome seemed to be doing fine, found a nice place and the 2 clowns were hosting and then early this morning it creeped behind a rock and is now pretty hidden. The pics were before he creeped away.

Is that normal or is he dying? I am worried, I am going away thursday for 3 days and I do not want him to contaminate the tank....Any feedback?

Thanks in advance!

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
You have all that in a tank that is only 3 months old? Wow! That is a lot pretty quick. The general rule of thumb is that an anemone needs an established tank and three months isn't very long to get it established. It could be normal behavior with the anem just hunting a spot or it could be stressed in a new tank. Good luck with it and hopefully he is just playing games and will come out in a day or so and be happy for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts