The Reef Tank banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

· Aquatic Philosopher
15,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Yeah well, the aiptasia might still be alive but the tank is really neglected. More or less, saltcreep has taken over on the outside and brown algae on the inside so I can tell of there is life in there.... I might try and salvage the tank later.

· Registered
23 Posts
I had a nano with 5 pieces of live rock (about 12 lbs total) and there were literally 200+ aptasia visible at any given time. I ended up tearing it down and starting over. I left the rock all out on my driveway for 2 days (in the middle of august) brushed off all the dead stuff, boiled it for 5 minutes in a 95% water 5% white vinegar solution, brushed it off again, put it in the freezer for 48 hours, then boiled it again in regular tap water for about 3 minutes and brushed once more.

It was definately aptasia free after that.

had to start the whole tank over though

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
... I left the rock all out on my driveway for 2 days (in the middle of august) brushed off all the dead stuff, boiled it for 5 minutes in a 95% water 5% white vinegar solution, brushed it off again, put it in the freezer for 48 hours, then boiled it again in regular tap water for about 3 minutes and brushed once more.

It was definately aptasia free after that.
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA..

DIE SCUM!!!

That's one weay to get them!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.