The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
I've had joe's juice work at killing them about 3 years ago (100% success on first dose) and I've never seen peppermint shrimp touch them. Right now the only pest I have is one curlie q anemone but no majanoes or aiptasia.

· Registered
220 Posts
You made sure they were true Peps and not Camel Shrimp right? They are often confused and Camels wont touch aiptasia. Peps have always worked for me.
Yea. They were true peppermints. I've kept both peppermints and camel shrimp in the past. I run open top on all of my nanos and my camel shrimp jumped out one night a couple years ago and my japanese red pistol took care of the peppermints after a couple months. I haven't kept any since.

Last time I was at Tideline in Charleston they had peppermints coexisting with aiptasia and after talking to the guys there, peppermints will eat the aiptasia at first (after they come in on a shipment) then I guess after the shrimp start eating pellets and flakes they stop eating the aiptasia. So the easiest way is to starve the shrimp then introduce them into a aiptasia infested tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.