The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thought i would post some picks of my new 90 gal tank. thanks to tapper12 who made this possible with the good prices on some good pieces of coral to help fill my tank....:wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
we always want to see unseen tanks!

question for you, i have a 90 gallon, and have no earthly idea how much rock i have, so i am looking at other 90 gallons and attempting to roughly make an in the ballpark guess.

so, how many pounds do you have in there?

nice tank!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am like you. your guess is as good as mine if i had to guess i would say you are looking at about 120 lbs of live rock here. i moved alot of it from one tank to the neww one so its been years since i bought most of it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep, and another 90 gallon owner bites! Sweet tank, deep water! Very nice, indeed! Fill us in on some more specs (e.g. what kind of lights are you running, etc.), how long has it been up, and what does your stock list look like? Also, I'd love to see a picture of the sump area! Some constructive criticism...add a plain background to hide all those cables, it will make the tank look so much better! Looking fwd to seeing more!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your the second one with hide the wires. i like the clean glass look inside.
90 gal tank. 20 gal sump retro from a wet dry system. 2 6025 tunze pumps moded to 6050, 1 korillia#4 pump 1 old powerhead for fun(in dead spot) sump pump is running 950 gph coral life skimmer in sump. 2 x 250 metal halide lights with 18 moon lights,
1 48 light bar with acetinic light not sure wattage. 1 1/4 jbl chiller, titanium heater(thats a joke like i really need that.) 120 lbs live rock.
1 yellow tang.
3 tomatoe clowns doing well for 3 years together.
1 hawian hawk
1 file fish for asitipia annemones
1 coral banded shrimp
1 purple psudocromis
before i hear about i know the tanks to small but 1 naso tang
2 annemonies hosted by clowns.
hairy mushrooms
flourescent mushrooms
green mushrooms
brown mushrooms
ricordia
green torch
frog spawn
green polyps
candy cane
red echnio
green echino
devils hand
yellow leather
red cabbage
1 dorecea clam
1 corecea clam
star polyps.
1 open brain
favia
thats about it i think.?????

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Patience Grasshopper. You only had the thread up for 1/2 hour before you fussed. People will look (and like), just give it a bit. Nice looking setup. I agree however about covering the back glass to hide wires etc. I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you just put a dark blue or black backdrop. My .02

·
Registered
70 Posts
How long has this been set up? Now very long I assume, since there is no coraline growing on the overflow. Not that I'm criticizing, I just this there is a lot of big fish in there for it to be so new. Oh yeah, and that naso will outgrow that tank by tomorrow. Not sure what "tanks to same" means.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry typo meant small i fixed it. i am a reef hobbist not a computer typist. sorry.

this tank is new to me as a 90 i retroed from a 55 into the 90 in january. fish came over too since there home had no water left. i can't blame them. so the tank is new but the fish stock rocks and water are old.

btw just for laughs i am not sure about "now very long" and "i just this there is"??????

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Patience Grasshopper. You only had the thread up for 1/2 hour before you fussed.

i get confused sometimes i run another web site and things move so fast you jump back 10 pages in 5 minutes and can lose track of your post if you aren't careful and i was flipping between them so i get impatient sometimes on the wrong sites sorry if i offended anyone.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was quite shocked how limited we are with our 90s. When I first got ours home, I couldn't believe the size of it...and now I want bigger (surprise, surprise)!

How big is the Naso and how much bigger do you think it will get? How does he get along with the yellow tang?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
he gets along geat but he was bigger then the bully yellow tang when he came home. naso will probably get about 16 inches if i am correct. homework tells me nothing under a 100 gal tank but i would say more like 125-150. yea about size my 90 same thing come home omg but it gets small fast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
sorry typo meant small i fixed it. i am a reef hobbist not a computer typist. sorry.

this tank is new to me as a 90 i retroed from a 55 into the 90 in january. fish came over too since there home had no water left. i can't blame them. so the tank is new but the fish stock rocks and water are old.

btw just for laughs i am not sure about "now very long" and "i just this there is"??????
HAHAHA. You got me on that one. I assumed you had moved all inhabitants from one tank, to another. Did you not have a mini cycle with all of those fish?
btw, just for laughs, there is an error on your banner at the bottom of your page that shows up on every post.
Tank looks good, btw. Just watch that naso, or trade for another smaller species tang.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there is an error on your banner at the bottom of your page that shows up on every post.

omg that sucks. i dont think i would have seen that for a long time thanks i will show it one more time then fix it. thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks. and yes i have. i knew i would. i bought the naso then did my homework. big mistake. i guess thats why we are told to study before the test not after when we are in school.

·
Reef Nut
1,254 Posts
I kept a Naso in a 55 (FO) for 7 yrs, then gave the tank away and the guy I gave it to had the Naso for another 4 yrs after that. It only got to about 6 in and stopped growing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts