The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 75g seaclear system II reef build

alright so...
this "seaclear system II" is a great looking acrylic tank but has limited possibility for accessability!​

the system comes with a wet dry filtration system built into the background with very limited amount of space to run a skimmer or place any other tank tools.​

not reading and thinking things thru i went ahead and started the build. so far i have some zoa colonies, pair of gold strip maroons, blue coral banded shrimp, flame angel and some hermits. i'm at about 3 months up and runing now and ive decided that i need to drill the tank. i have a 40g sump and am planning on getting a skimmer soon.​

my question to everyone is how would i go about breaking down the system for 48hrs or so without harming my livestock?

tank update vid day 110​

· r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,227 Posts
A rubbermaid tote is the way to go. A heater, powerhead, and some live rock are all you need and your livestock will be fine for 48 hours no problem.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A rubbermaid tote is the way to go. A heater, powerhead, and some live rock are all you need and your livestock will be fine for 48 hours no problem.
Thanks for the feed back :) I can spend around 200 on a skimmer. Which one would you suggest?

· r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,227 Posts
I have the Reef Octopus NWB-110 on my 75 gallon. I love it so far. You can get it new for around $180 most places. It's a great skimmer.

· r e e f e r 4 l i f e
2,227 Posts
yeah, always go with bigger if you can. I got stuck with the 110 because of my space in the tank stand and sump. You gotta take that into consideration of course.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What size bulk head fitting durso standpipe setup should I get? 1" or 1 1/2"? What gph return pump would work for each of these?

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
7,175 Posts
hey man the 70g build is off... i got a really good deal on craigslist for a plug and play 125g reef system 100lb liverock . $300 cant beat it!

planning on bleaching the rock tho... have had it out of water for a few days and i don't want any pest problems...

have you every bleached before?
Yep, I let it soak for 24 hours then let air dry for at least a week. I actually put mime in the oven for a couple hours just to be sure the rock was completely dried out.

· Registered
718 Posts
Kalan850, I saw that you were form Ft Walton Beach and had to share this with you. I found this coral washed up on the beach there about a month ago. It was in a piece of an old boat that must have been on the bottom for a while. The piece of boat washed up on shore and I went to investigate and found some cool stuff on it. Anyone know what it is?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.