The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 Gallon Tank 40" long x16" Wide x 20" Tall

DAS IOS Setup, H39 Drawing and Description attached.
  1. Maxi Jet 1200 power head
  2. Maxi Jet 1200 Power head with Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi Jet Upgrade Kit for a wave maker.
  3. 200 watt Marine Stealth Pro Heater
  4. 36" Current Compact 2x65w Dual Actinic 460nm/10k Daylight
  5. 24" Current Compact 1x45w Dual Actinic/10k Daylight
  6. Coralife digital Termometer
  7. Rena 300 Air Pump with silicone line and a reverse flow stopper for the Stone that works in the skimmer.
Live Stock
  1. 60 Lbs Live Sand - with the exception of the recent addition of 20 Lbs, this sand was in my other tank for two years.
  2. 50 - 55 Lbs of Live Rock - two years in other tank
  3. 2 - False Perculla Clowns - survived ich in the beginning and two years in the other tank.
  4. 1- Yellow Tail Damsel - 6 months in other tank
  5. 1 - Six Line Wrasse - 8 Months in other tank
  6. 6 - Red Legged Hermits - 2 years in other tank
  7. 3 - Turbo Snails - 6 months in other tank
  8. 3 - Nassarius Snails - 1 year in other tank
  9. 1 - Pepermint Shrimp - 1 month in other tank
Since I was running a 38 Gallon FOWLR tank, I let my Aptasia go nuts, but I am waiting to tackle that before my next water change with Aptasia X. So, I can add more live rock and begin converting over to beginner corals... I am also currently dealing with a Nitrate issue 20 PPM's, 0 Nitrite, 0 - Amonia, 0.5 Phosphate, 7.8 PH and a low Salinity of 120. I assume this is happening because of the recent change from the 38... Waiting it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
just from moving the sand stirring up crap. salinity low is fine for fish till you get it up. low salt protects from some disease. what coral are you planning lets see pics man

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have pics on my profile, but I can't seem to pull them through... I will plug my IPhone back in and load from there. Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corals?

Definately open to suggestions, I figured frags would be best to start with... I have done some research and really like frogspawn and star polyps, other than that not sure what would be good!

By the way, looks like my tank is cycling a bit, I am getting that brown stuff on the glass that I remember from the beginning... I hope that after the battle these fish have seen that they hang in there??

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better pics

I rearranged the LR and took a few more pics for TRT review... You can see the amount of Aptasia in the tank, pretty clear now. I need to go get some more water test strips and have my LFS run the gamma, I'll post thos results later. Thanks for the input!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts