The Reef Tank banner
3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  funi42 
#1 ·
Well heres some shots of my 50 gallon. I finally decided to take some pictures. Don't mind the algae! Its going away slowly.
Inhabitants
Snowflake

Zoos

Yellow Polyps

Whole tank (Betta tank overflow with durso!)

See less See more
#4 ·
The standpipe is awesome. There is a reducer and a ball valve at the end of it in the sump. This tank is dead silent. I have the worst time getting to sleep and this sits in front of my bed, doesn't make a noise. I have the lights and skimmer set on a timer so I can sleep with silence.

#5 ·
The light is a 4x39w bulb Finnex T5. Not many people have them but it works awesome! I have a 10k 6500k and 2 blues. I just ordered a sunlight supply t5 retro kit with a pure actinic and a aquablue plus. My tank is pretty white right now, I'm looking for a little more blue for the corals.

#7 ·
Ohh just some softies and such. I want it to be a reef tank but with a few fish. Right now for livestock I have about 10-12 snails and 8 or so hermits, coral banded(got him yesterday) a snowflake eel and a scooter blenny. The snowflake doesn't even go near the scooter. When I first put the snowflake in my scooter blenny was raising and shakin his fins at him, pretty funny. Ever since then the snowflake doesn't bother him and the blenny goes where he wants. The snowflake only gets careless about the corals when I drop a silverside or a shrimp in and he cant find it, but when I hand feed him he doesn't swim around all crazy. So far so good! I really wanted a pair and true Percs then I'll be set. Any suggestions?

#9 ·
Welp right now I'm living up by FGCU but usually ocean environments on 951 and pine ridge. There is one in Naples and Fort Myers both about the same distance for me. I also recently found an awesome saltwater LFS in fort myers Its called The Glass Ocean. Theyre pretty new, opened recently and have some nice prices on corals and fish. Better prices than Ocean Environments too! Oh and the LFS thats on Davis Is rediculously over priced never buy from there

#11 ·
It took some adjusting of the ball valve for the drain to the sump and the ball valve on my phosphate reactor (which is T'd off from the return line) Just takes a little bit of tinkering to get it to stay level enough to skim the top of the water but not so much that its a waterfall into the overflow.

#13 ·
littleg182 said:
Welp right now I'm living up by FGCU but usually ocean environments on 951 and pine ridge. There is one in Naples and Fort Myers both about the same distance for me. I also recently found an awesome saltwater LFS in fort myers Its called The Glass Ocean. Theyre pretty new, opened recently and have some nice prices on corals and fish. Better prices than Ocean Environments too! Oh and the LFS thats on Davis Is rediculously over priced never buy from there
I was just at FGCU on tuesday for transfer orientation. i live about a mile from that lfs at 951 and pine ridge. there is a really cool one called saltwater solutions. The place used to be a wholesale distro location. You should check them out sometime.

#19 ·
I got them at the Glass Ocean on 41 in fort myers. They had 1 more big rock of those colored zoos, tons of polyps for $34 I believe. The guy that owns the place showed me those same ones in the show tank they have there and they are purple inside with the lime green skirts with whatever lighting he had on it. Pretty cool though. Im going to try and make it there today, ill let you know.

#20 ·
Hey funi42 I went to saltwater solutions today. They had lots of fish and corals but there prices were not that great. Some was reasonable but I didn't buy anything. They had a few pretty cool goby/tiger pistol shrimp pairs but they were about |------| that big and $40. My hermits could eat them. Pretty cool stuff though. The protien skimmers they used were like 8 feet tall, no joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.