The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my tank, its gotten alot better since i installed a overflow and added a sump. I also added about 30 lbs of live rock. Changed my salter from Instant Ocean to tropic marin... what u think

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
Looks great! I have the same size tank right now but I haven't added an overflow or sump.... how do you like that overflow? Have you had any problems with it?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Looks good. Ditto on the ? about the light. I'm thinking of getting a mh for my 30 gallon, in the future, and hanging it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The coverage is great is a Coralife HOB 150 W Metal Halide with remote balast it cost $280 w/ shipping... its great..

I love the dappled effect it gives, with the shadowing on the bottom of the tank due to turbulence at the top of the water..

Haven't had any problems with the sump, I bought it with the overflow and it works great, the sump just fits underneath the stand...

The coverage on the lighting is good and my corals seems to love it, I bought the C-clamp, because one day the light almost fell in the tank, because I tightening it up to much, they sent me a replacement bracket at no cost, but after that I went and picked up that clamp and now no worries..

I really like my white pulsing xenia I bought and can't wait till it gets big.... the dappling effect the MH lighting is always something I wanted, its really worth it to me... im gonna see if I can create a small video and up it to some site and link it..

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've found that an old credit card works great at removing the coraline off of the glass. The shavings of coraline are great for settling into new areas of your rockwork.

Tank looks great...

Did you make the overflow yourself? How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So using a old credit card inside the water and doing this will be ok

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
looks great! how bout a better shot of the white xenia? hard to see through the purple.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leveldrummer said:
looks great! how bout a better shot of the white xenia? hard to see through the purple.
I wish i could provide a better picture I need a new digital camera that support macro picture taking...

If anyone has an old camera that will do this, please PM me if you would like to sell it.. it needs to be digital and taking SD cards is a plus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts