The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a recent pic of my month old 10g. the pic isnt the best of quality sry :doh:
ive been having trouble placing the yellow polyp, this is its third spot, the turbo snail keep knocking it down lol, if this doesnt work then it may end up in the sand :bawling:
theres a little algae on the glass that i leave for the snails
inhabitants...
1 ocellaris clown
1 black and white ocellaris
2 peppermint shrimp
2 scarlet reef hermits
1 huge turbo snail
1 margarita snail
super colored zoo's
yellow polyps
candy cane coral
star polyps
2x40 satellite pc lighting
skilter with skimmer turned off as of yesterday (bubbles galore)
chemi pure in filter with filter cartridge
maxi jet 400 power head
15 lbs live rock, fiji, tonga, solomon
20 lbs live sand
amonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates 5 ppm
RO water
weekly 10% water changes

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya know i have the glue lol but im afraid to use it
i read a horror story of a tang that ate the glue and had a glued mouth :eek:

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnx
maybe i should have taken the pics with actinics on lol
heres the zoo with actinics

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the frogspawn should be coming next week. i cant wait until everything is filled in lol

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just changed a few things, i moved that large rock that was in the top right corner to the far right bottom area, and i moved the candy cane coral to the top because i was worried when the frogspawn comes it would have been stung. to my surprise the candycane that was growing partially under a rock has formed a nice ball and looks better than it ever did. now im worried placing it in high light might bleach it or kill it. the light is 2x40 power compact, i hope this isnt too bright for it? i have only the actinics on it right now im guessing this is more subdued for it. but what do ya think, did i do a boo boo?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
i placed my frogspawn in the mid-section of my nine gallon tank and it loves it there. i just have the lights that came with the set-up, no mh or anything special. it's doing just fine... to my surprise. i have it facing the front of the tank, not in an upright position; it doesn't touch anything that way. good luck and show us a pic when you get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts