The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Yes, you can cut the mushroom. You can either slice the cap off the "stem" (as short as it may be), the cap will grow a new stem, and the stem will grow a new cap. Or, you can slice the mushroom like a pie -- in half, quarters, eighths etc. You can use netting or veil material and rubber bands to hold the pieces down on rubble, or you can place the pieces into a small plastic tray on some sand. With sand, once the mushroom pieces attach to the sand, you can glue the sand to a larger base (rock...). With the netting, the mushroom should eventually affix itself to the rock.

The first cut is the hardest ;)

Jenn

·
Registered
778 Posts
sure can, from what i've read, and seen, you just take a razor blade and cut this disc like a pie, but be careful, you don't want to cut the mouth or stem, and make 1 cut per shroom, and give it a day to allow it to heal before you make your 2nd incision. just a BIG note: i haven't done this yet either, but i will be trying it myself on some mushrooms that i have.
hth!
:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.