The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I BOUGHT 3 LR WITH MUSHROOMS BUT IN THE STORE I SAW THEM SO WIDE OPEN BUT WHEN I PLAACED IN MY TANK THEY WRINKLY AND SHRIVEL,I HAVE A T5 NOVA EXTREME 30'' 2X24W AND SALT GRAVITY 1.022,I LEAVE THE LIGHTS ON FROM 4PM TO 9;30PM ALSO I PLACE THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TANK IN TOP OF A LR,HOW CAN I MAKE THEM OPEN UP:blob::help:

· Registered
788 Posts
when did u put them in there? if it was today then give them some time to adjust to your tank also if after a couple days they look worse or in somethings lose color move them down to the bottom they may not have had the same lights at the store. however mine from time to time will scrunch up but after a day or so will open back up just fine. im sure its just the move to a new tank. good luck

· Premium Member
11,973 Posts
How did you acclimate them before placing them in the tank? What type of flow do you have them in? What type of light were they under at the LFS versus what you have them under?

They will naturally shrivel up at night and go to sleep, so if you are looking at them with the lights out that is not surprising either. They are usually pretty hardy and difficult to kill as well. Most of the time if they are unhappy they will let loose of the rock they are on and float off somewhere else in the tank.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Yest I Bought Them,and Just Put Them In With Out Climating Them,but Also I Had Two Other Lr With Mushorroms Two Does I Put Them Month Ago And They Still Look Shrivel,i Have A T5 Nova Extreme 30'' 2x24w Light,i Also Have A Regal Angel Fish Sometomes The Fish Nip On Them,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.