The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 75 gallon REEF tank which is plagued with algae & cyanobacteria and needs to be broken down. I have decided to upgrade to a 90 gallon as well. I plan on ordering dry pukani rock from BRS as well as purchasing live sand. I do have corals ill be transferring over from the 75 gallon. I don't plan on transferring over any of the live rock from the 75 gallon tank. I am wondering what the best coarse of action would be to ensure the corals will remain in good health during the process and to ensure that my rock is fully cured to prevent algea and cyano problems in the futrue.

-THANKS

·
Registered
181 Posts
i would eliminate the curent cyano problem...i have had my troubles in the past but eliminating phosphates is a start you can try Chemi Clean (if your into chemicals) or naturalist of the hobby would say lights out phosphate sponge of somesort or a GFO and water changes weekly...then move everything over like Nate said atleast min of two months once everything is stable. water conditions remain the same for longer then two weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts