The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out I will be leaving town, and have to sell off all my reef stuff. I have 3 aquaria. I have not had a lot of time to keep up with the cosmetic appearance of these tanks lately, with the result that there is a moderate bubble algae problem in one. Otherwise everything is healthy and growing well. We want to sell this stuff fairly quickly and will entertain any reasonable offers. The two 58's I would prefer to sell whole, but will break them up if no offers come in soon enough. Please don't waste my time and yours with ridiculous bids, I will not respond. I am in and out of town a lot, so I may not get right back to people who contact me, please have patience.

To contact me please use email, its much easier for me to keep track of. I will check back on this list sporadically, and will try to keep it updated as things sell.

EMAIL: [email protected]

I don't own a scale, so I'll likely sell the rock and sand by the piece (or bucket)-anyone who would prefer by the pound bring a scale.

1) 58 gallon reef ready Oceanic with pine stand and custom pine hood. This is the tank with the bubble algae, but everything is growing fast (too fast in case of the millipora), all polyps are extending, there are plenty of worms and small inverts, and otherwise the tank seems very healthy. Nothing has been added to this tank in over a year, and aside from losing a few 5 year old chromis and one group of zoos that got stung by the blue acropora it has been completely stable. Zoos growing up the back wall of the tank.
Fish: Coral Beauty, green chromis, spotted mandarin (very well fed, 3 years in this tank), Red Sea Purple Tang, Hi Fin Goby.
Inverts: Brittle stars, tiger tail sea cucumber, conch (~2"), 5-6" blue crocea clam, 2-2.5" gold maxima clam, coral banded shrimp (large), pistol shrimp (lives with hi fin goby), a population of cerith snails that have been multiplying from an initial group put in about 4 years ago, some astreas, other assorted snails, and hermits.
Corals: Large blue Acropora millipora or similar (~12" across), large yellow Acropora millipora or similar (~8" across), two deep green acropora of unknown parentage, green pavona with several daughter colonies surrounding it (main colony ~4"), frogspawn with about 5-6 heads, several types of mushrooms (mostly green stripe), many types of zoos and palys, green stars, brown-green anthelia, and likely a few things I've forgotten about.
About 70 lbs live rock and 60 lbs sand (estimate, there's been a lot of changes over the years, sand is about 3" deep). Live rock is some branch, some deep sea tonga, very little heavy stuff.
Lights, 1x250W Iwasaki 6500, 1x175w Aquiline 10k (13k), 2x3 foot VHO actinic, 1 28W PC actinic, a bunch of blue LEDs. All the ballasts are electronic and kept in a separate, ventilated compartment with digital timers.
Custom built ~25 gallon live sump with deep sediment bed and prism skimmer.
Mag 7 closed loop recirculating pump with SQWD "wavemaker"
Auto top off switch
Gen-X PCX-30 main return pump.

2) 58 gallon reef ready Oceanic with cherry stand and hood.
Livestock: Hippo tang, a juvenile passer angel (each about 3"), several colonies of sad looking Kenya tree coral, a pencil urchin, a purple urchin, and a 2.5" conch. The passer angel is no good for a coral tank (no surprise, loves picking at corals), but gets along OK with fish.
About 40-50 lbs live rock (some branch), 20-25 lbs sand.
About 25 gallon custom acrylic sump which I have set up as a trickle filter. Red Sea Red Sea Berlin HOT skimmer driven by gravity and a Mag 3.
Mag 7 return pump
Seio 620 powerhead
Custom Aquatic pendant with 250W 10k bulb and 2x28w PC on separate timers. It looks more or less like this one, but includes bulbs with a few months left on them and timers.
http://www.aquariumsupplycompany.com/catalog/item/3225476/2759751.htm#image_1

3) I am not selling this tank, but the livestock is up for grabs. There are two Rose anemones (split in the tank about 18 months ago) with one black saddleback clownfish. The rose anemones rarely bubble in this tank, I think the light I have on them is a little bright, but otherwise they seem healthy. There are also some green stars, zoos, palys, two tiger tail cucumbers, brittle star, serpent star, coral banded shrimp, Friedman's pseudochromis, and a quite old but small lawnmower blenny. About 25-30 lbs of mostly light live rock, and 30 lbs live sand with lots of critters.

Aside from the tanks, I have a lot of assorted pumps, plumbing bits, heaters, etc. I'll try to get a list up over the next few days.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

The rose anemones, clown, and some of the zooanthid rocks are gone (but still lots left). I am waiting on a couple of people who showed interest in the intact 58g setups, but am keeping a list of people interested in parts.

One item I forgot to mention earlier is a 3" or so brown (brown-green under actinic) toadstool leather.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Splitting the tanks now

I'm splitting up the tanks and selling individual items. If you have asked about something specific and not heard back from me, it may mena I have lost your email in a server crash. email me again at [email protected]

The usual rules apply, animals obviously have to go before most hardware. I'll give deep discouts to people interested in multiple items, to help empty things out quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts