The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think its the last day of my reefkeeping adventure. :( Its been fun! However, I'm moving, and need to get rid of all my stuff, and with that, I guess I have lost my spark of interest, maybe for good. I took all my live stuff over to Ocean Devotion today, and all that's left is a dry tank.

(For those interested, you can see my thread in the Classifieds section, under "Nothern Central States.")

I started reefs back in '01, and it has been very cool keeping these creatures. Sadly, I just don't foresee myself ever having the time or money to return to the hobby. I guess life is calling me on to other things. I mean, MAYBE there is a slim shot that I will start a FOWLR is some long, distant future, but certainly not reefs.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say bye. I know I wasn't the most active member, but I did go to one meeting a few years back, and had a few sales at my house too. And heaven knows I have spent COUNTLESS hours on here, and over at RC too. Man, I was obsessed for a while there. :)

Well, tata. :wavey:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry to hear that :( I am just getting back into it after years of being away. My issue was funds and moving around. What made you finally decide to leave?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lack of time, and obviously money. I just couldn't give the tank what it needed to be what I had envisioned it to be. And I just can't see myself getting any less busy either. But you never know, maybe in 40 years I'll retire and start back up. :)

·
TCMAS Member
263 Posts
Eric,

Always sad to see fellow hobbiests depart. Thought you might get some comfort in knowing that the 2 false percs and candy cane corals we got from you 2-3 years ago are THRIVING! Had to go back through old posts - sure enough, we got these from you in April of 2004!

The percs host in a GBTA that we have had for over three years now. It is approaching 1 foot across when fully open, and has never split. The female perc 'owns it', and allows the male in from time to time. The have never spawned, but who knows...maybe some day.

The two candy cane frags have grown about 10x. The 3 head one is now 30+ and the 1 head one is ~10! They may be fragged for the first time this month for the frag swap.

Anyway, best of luck in your next adventures.
Ryan.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric,

Always sad to see fellow hobbiests depart. Thought you might get some comfort in knowing that the 2 false percs and candy cane corals we got from you 2-3 years ago are THRIVING! Had to go back through old posts - sure enough, we got these from you in April of 2004!

The percs host in a GBTA that we have had for over three years now. It is approaching 1 foot across when fully open, and has never split. The female perc 'owns it', and allows the male in from time to time. The have never spawned, but who knows...maybe some day.

The two candy cane frags have grown about 10x. The 3 head one is now 30+ and the 1 head one is ~10! They may be fragged for the first time this month for the frag swap.

Anyway, best of luck in your next adventures.
Ryan.
Wow, thats great to hear. Glad some of my stuff is thriving and in a good home. :)

·
TCMAS Member
263 Posts
Here are the original frags from back in April 2004:

These new photos were taken in Feb of 2007:

Note that these are both in the new photos - the smaller one on the right is still a separate piece. The only change since the pictures is 95% of the frogspawn went to Clownut, and has been replaced by 4-5" open brain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts