The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am moving back to school on friday....and I am taking my eclipse 6 with me.....here is my idea how to move it. It will only be down for 8 hours, at the most...but I am hopping more like 5.

I have 2 gallons of fresh mixed salt, and 1 gallon of RO/DI water. I am going to drain the tank down to the sand bed and move the tank with the sand still wet. The rock is going to go into 2 gallon bags with some wet paper towels around the rock...here is my main question. I mostly have zoos and button polyps. Should I leave them on the rock and just wrap them in the paper towels or should I take them off? I am leaning to taking them off. Also, I have some xenia, should I take that off or what??

Man why is it when you get it the way you want to you have to move the darn thing!!!!!

Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
honestly dude, I was able to pick my stocked 5g tank up and just carry it to move it, is there any chance you can just put it on the floor of your car and only suck out like 3" of water so it doesn't splash?

perhaps you and a friend can do it

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
If all else Will, you can use a small rubbermaid container and just keep it covered to try to prevent some of the sloshing.

Ray

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I second what has been said. I would not remove any corals. Try the removing only 3" and moving it that way. One thing you need to be keeping in mind is temp. Esp with a nano, it can change temps very quickly. So, in your car, try not to run your AC at full blast. ;)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it sounds like I am only going to town out some water and move the tank...I might take out a couple pieces of LR so it doesnt scratch the acrylic if it falls...

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Will, let me know and I can have a container or two. Just bring it back when you next come this way. Also, if you want, and you are worried about ro water, bring over a 5 gal gas can and I can fill it up for you. It turns out the 162 GPD rate I am getting is fine and my TDS is zero. Man I am digging this new RO/DI unit, evern though I still say the UV part on top is probably overkill.

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.