The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to move my clams from a large tank to a 26g for about 3 weeks. I have a 30" CF fixture over this tank-150w (2-75wCF, one is actinic the other white light) The clams are 1 small crocea, 1 very large maxima, 1very small maxima-the question....will they be ok in this tank for 3 weeks? The filtering will have to be HOB, I have an old seaClone I could hook up, and real tiny power head that I could add. I'll make it BB, and I could add a few rocks from the tank they're coming from...there is also 1 fish, 2 small soft corals, 3 acro frags that I also need to put in here...is all this too much?

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,652 Posts
I think they will be just fine, I've been told that Clams take 6 months to die from too little light, just watch your CA/ALK, in a small tank like that Clams are going to use up CA perty fast.

Get those clams as high as possible in that tank, and the light as close to the water as possible. I kept a Derassa and Gigas that were growing very fast under 2*55W PC, although they are lower light clams, I think that means that with your 150W PC you can get by for 3 weeks.

HTH,
Whiskey

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts/expertise! I can't believe how a freakin' thing like this can make me fret!

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,652 Posts
Viv said:
Thanks for your thoughts/expertise! I can't believe how a freakin' thing like this can make me fret!
No prob! Are these the tiny clams you are spot feeding right now? If so continuing to do that out of tank will help them too.

Good luck with the sump change-out,
Whiskey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts