The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm buying a 55 gallons reef tank. I will have to move it in a day and I was wondering the best way to keep corals and fish safe and how to get rid of coraline algae in the back glass? I also would like to know if I should clean the sand bed and if I should get rid of the coraline algae off the refugium walls?

thank you very much for your help

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
as far as the live rock, coral and fish , 5 gallon buckets work best with some air stones and air pumps you can plug in why your cleaning the tank, I would ditch the sand bed and get a new one . a razor blade is the best to scrape the coralline algae off in the paint section theres a long one with a replaceable blade its what I use works great. never done refunium so maybe someone else can help there
good luck

·
little fishy girl
4,061 Posts
I know I wish I had more I have hardly any

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for your answers.

This is how the tank looks like, I believe that coraline in the back and in the equipment (powerheads...) dont look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to mentioned that the tank wont be viewed from both sides but I just find the look of the back glass really bad. (I'm new in this, so you might help me with yuor opinions)

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
I added black poster board from walmart to the back of mine, you might want to try it as alot of people either paint the back of the tank black or blue, for a couple bucks it's worth a try to see if you like it. Ottherwise carefully scrape it off and use your tanks algae scrubber pad to remove it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts