The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 120gal AGA with a tall canopy. Where are you guys installing your ballasts? On top? Side? Also while Im on the subject of mounting, how do you guys have all your timers, multi outlet power strips, ect? Pics would be great if you can provide them.
Thanks....

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
I had my ballasts mounted on the outside back of the canopy. Now that I am doing an inwall with a wet room Im going to mount them of to the side of the tank on the wall. The less exposure to moisture the better. I had two boxes ran off of a 30 amp dedicated circuit my wife installed for my B-day (Shes awesome!) and the timers were plugged into the top off each outlet with power strips plugged in on the bottom plug.

Robert

·
11,345 Posts
Scuba Dan said:
Thanks for the pic. Nice set up. VERY clean.....Is that something you built or purchased?

My father designed and built it for me although i am copycatting it and building two more for two new tank builds that i have going on. I will be getting rid of this one as soon as i finish. The only difference in the 2 I am building is i am adding indicator lights for each of the switches and timers. Its built using all the highest quality components possible and its not cheap but it is the most crucial and convenient piece of reefing equipment i own IMO.

You can take a look at more info on it here if you like.
http://thereeftank.com/forums/showthread.php?p=724312#post724312

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hats off to your Dad. Compact and neat.....I like!!:thumbup: When you take yours down, you have to post some close ups of the inside.:drool: like every part...*LOL* I work for a Electrical and Data Communication Supply co. and I would love to be able to build one of these. What all does yours control? How about a write up on how to build one???:drool: :drool: :thumbup:
Thanks agin for the pics........
:beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts