The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have aHOB overflow that I'm tired of looking at honestly, that alone is making me want to go buy a RR tank....

Any way I whve 4 different caps sitting on the sand and I really dont have any room for...

Orange
Green (kinda brown)
Bright Green w/ purple edge
Purple

I love the gree/purple and if my orange was not so big and pretty I would take it out and replace it for the green/purple.

I was thinking about just superglueing it to the overflow, but cannot decide of I should mount small LR to the overflow first?????

I'm also worried because I take the overflow out about once a month for cleaning, but I do have a baby bottly brush I use for my skimmers riser tube... I could use tht to clean the overflow...

Also not sure what your stick to the plastic better super glue or epoxy putty.

I will take the overflow out and dry it and rough it up before the mounting...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I glued a piece to my overflow with superglue (my tank is a AGA RR). You could probably get away with still taking your overflow out and cleaning it as long as you did it fairly quickly and didn't do anything foolish like run it under the faucet or soak it in vinegar or something :).

·
Student of the Reef
1,003 Posts
I would think you will have better luck using super glue over epoxy. If you dry it off and rough it up like you said, it should stick just fine. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I would think you will have better luck using super glue over epoxy. If you dry it off and rough it up like you said, it should stick just fine. Let us know how it turns out.
Definitely.
Since you can take the overflow out to glue it--super glue gel should work great. Just dab the cap dry before you glue it and let it sit 5-10 min.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts