The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its been a few years, several designs and even a location change. BUT, the 150 is finally about to see some water:bigeek:.
I'm starting a new thread so that all the picture nuts don't have to sift through 20 some odd pages of jabbering by myself and a few others!

So here is what I have:
150 gallon display
Two 55 gallon tanks in the garage (one sump and pone water change tank)
CR-2 calcium reactor
Two 250 watt MH with Lumenarc III reflectors.
Oceans Motions squirt for return.
Reeflo Barracuda pushing a CLS

The tank is plumbed through the wall to the garage. Water Changes will be as close to effortlessly a possible. No hauling water, just a few valves to turn.

I did crack the 55 gallon water change tank but being that I designed this leg o the plumbing to be by-passable, here is no problem with starting the wet test without it until I replace it.
Oh, and the system is ran from two 20 amp dedicated circuits provided by my uber talented wife and the sub panel she ran in the garage! For now everything is plugged straight into an outlet. I will soon be running a Reef Keeper II to simplify the whole thing.
Pictures in just a few minutes!!!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Heres the first pic. pretty much where its at. There are a few small details that will be changed later (asthetics) but this is pretty much it:D

Wow...very sophisticated looking! My eyes go crossward trying to figure out the plumbing! Great job! :)

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More for viewing. Along with a pic of the cracked 55. One of the return manifold on the top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow...very sophisticated looking! My eyes go crossward trying to figure out the plumbing! Great job! :)
Its actually pretty simple. Three legs of plumbing, each is more or less basic in operation. The wires and suck around the skimmer will be cleaned up a bit more but that's all there is in the equipment area.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ooh, I love a good build! That fish room is nirvana! I like it almost as much as the actual reef. Get it wet!

1 - 20 of 257 Posts