The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
life is BeAuTiFuL! <3
New 16g BioCube Gen 3, April 2021... back at the habit!
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to get online and share this story because it made me so happy!

My husband and I have an awesome 12 gallon NanoCube that we've had running for a few years now. We have a pair of false perculas, a 6 line wrasse, and tons of softies.
A few weeks ago, one of my clowns went missing. We've had them a while so I figured it was just his time, but I didn't see a body. (We have a large cleanup crew so I didn't think anything of it).
Last week, as we were preparing to go out of town for Thanksgiving, I was cleaning the tank. We hadn't rinsed out our sponges in a while so I grabbed them - I just happened to look in the pump reservoir in the back of the tank, and MY CLOWNFISH IS SWIMMING AROUND IN THERE.
It took me about an hour to get him out - I finally dismantled the whole **** pump to get him, I was so afraid to hurt him - and he's doing really well! Once he was safely back in the tank, he and his mate had a cute little reunion, and I sat and cried from the emotional stress of saving him + joy of finding him. I also found a few of my hermit crabs and a copepod or two back there. :)
And now we know... if a fish goes missing, check the back first! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,749 Posts
Glad you found them! When my clowns go missing I have learned to look in the back right away. I have only had one jump to the floor once and just so happened that my kids had just got home when it happened. I had 3 cats at the time and it wouldn't have ended well either way.

·
life is BeAuTiFuL! <3
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think our water level was high enough for him to swim/jump in the back. My parents, who have had a 375 gallon for years, only ever had issues with their wrasses jumping out. I'm still perplexed as to how little clownie got back there, but man oh man am I glad I found him!!!

·
life is BeAuTiFuL! <3
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are my two babies! (And the pink blur is my fat 6-line)

Also take note of my new corals: euphelia (frogspawn-looking green coral down front and center) and purple mushrooms, my favorite!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts