The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fish Nerd
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys -

Please feel free to once again laugh at my pain...

So I got home tonight after work and realized that my RO reservoir , 32 gallon trash can, had sprung a leak. I lost about five gallons of water in my unfinished basement. This water was mostly absorbed by a near by box containing old family paintings and pictures handed down from my grandfather:eek: and my wife's framed Bachelor's Degree:bawling:. Five important things are saving me from a divorce right now:

1. I have a 24 GPD unit which means that my system was too slow to produce more water to leak.

2. All those precious items were wrapped in bubble wrap so everything made it through. (Except for a signed photo of Bill Nye the Science Guy, RIP...Picture o Bill...RIP)

3. I have plenty of buckets and an old rubbermaid tub that used to be my sump to store all the RO water in.

4. I keep a ready supply of aquarium safe silicone glue on hand at all times.

and most importantly

5. My wife is asleep so I could get all this crap cleaned up before she noticed!:thumbup:

All I want to do is keep pretty fish and corals. Is that too much to ask?:help:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey Guys -

Please feel free to once again laugh at my pain...

So I got home tonight after work and realized that my RO reservoir , 32 gallon trash can, had sprung a leak. I lost about five gallons of water in my unfinished basement. This water was mostly absorbed by a near by box containing old family paintings and pictures handed down from my grandfather:eek: and my wife's framed Bachelor's Degree:bawling:. Five important things are saving me from a divorce right now:

1. I have a 24 GPD unit which means that my system was too slow to produce more water to leak.

2. All those precious items were wrapped in bubble wrap so everything made it through. (Except for a signed photo of Bill Nye the Science Guy, RIP...Picture o Bill...RIP)

3. I have plenty of buckets and an old rubbermaid tub that used to be my sump to store all the RO water in.

4. I keep a ready supply of aquarium safe silicone glue on hand at all times.

and most importantly

5. My wife is asleep so I could get all this crap cleaned up before she noticed!:thumbup:

I wouldn't laugh at you for that. At least all the pictures and stuff were not lost. Here's a thought don't keep pictures on the floor in the basement next to containers of water**Sounds like it could have been worse but you took care of it like a champ and the lovely wife is sleeping and no wiser. I would say you done good dude!

All I want to do is keep pretty fish and corals. Is that too much to ask?:help:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts